Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Food gifts


I like to receive gifts of food for special occasions. Megan makes me wonderful birthday treats every year. They are totally part of any gifts she might make/buy for me. I had some leftover birthday money (thanks mom and dad) so I bought a pig. Not a real pig mind you, but a party pig filled with beer. Not just any beer, oh no, but made in Corvallis (15 min.), not available in bottles, and the smell and taste of it equates with freshness. Mmmmmmmm. So good. The 2.5 gals should last a while. What a treat!

Megan has been baking again. In our quest to save money and, at the same time increase our standard of living, Megan makes new treats for us weekly. Sometimes savory, sometimes sweet, this time Lemon Poppy Seed Cake from Once Upon a Tart.

No comments: