Thursday, November 15, 2007

wish us luck

Congrats to Christi & Mike on the birth of their daughter, Kylee. And to Zak & Angela on their marriage. We wish we could have been there to celebrate. How exciting!
Christi & Mike: don't read the rest of this post.

So, Ruby is a messy baby. I know I usually write about how wonderful she is, and she is. But, man is she a mess! She spits up a ton - due to a bit of overeating & an immature stomach valve. And her poops are pretty explosive. She used to puke a couple times a week, which was lovely. I'm not talking spit-up, people, puke. Last night, I was just thinking about how its been so long since she has done that. I then caught myself and said (in my head) "don't say that, she'll puke again. No. You're being superstitious." Well guess what happened this morning? Uh-huh. Ugh! The joys of being a stay-at-home mom. It's not all snuggling up and kisses.

We've had a rough morning, lots of screaming (by Ruby) and me on my hands and knees cleaning the floor. I'm a bit nervous about our train ride to Seattle. We're heading out tomorrow for our visit to Brianne & Eddie for our early Thanksgiving. We're going to go for a long weekend to eat at some real restaurants - we don't really have any in our new town - and visit. John & I go back-and-forth between being okay with it all, reassuring ourselves that Ruby is a great, flexible baby and will do well, and being really nervous. Sometimes I think we're worse than Dumbo with his feather. We're not sure how she'll sleep without a particular white noise, blanket, crib, etc. Needless to say, after the morning we've had, I'm on the anxious side. Maybe Ruby is getting all the bad stuff out of her system before we go. That can happen, right?

No comments: