Saturday, June 16, 2007

oops

Okay, I'm obviously a little sleep-deprived and it's showing. I forgot to mention in the last post WHY the dr. told us to slow down Ruby's eating. It's not because she has gained too much weight. Nobody is at all concerned about her weight - it's not an issue at all. He gave us this advice because Ruby was vomiting after feedings a few times. She did this after really long feedings. I was feeling like she may be getting too much food for her little tummy, but I didn't know how to figure out how much was the right amount. This is why her dr. suggested burping her every 10-15 minutes or so to see if she wants more or not. So, I'm not feeding her any less often, just sometimes (and only when Ruby decides it, of course) a little bit shorter.

Hopefully all of my breastfeeding friends will be a little less worried now. We love the fact that Ruby eats as well as she does and is getting a little chubby!

No comments: