Monday, June 04, 2007

Day 4


So last night (#5) was a bit rough. I think we were spoiled by the night before. That night she slept for streches of 3 -4 hours just waking to have some food and then pass right out again. Last night she didn't fall asleep until 6 am after a night of feeding every hour or two and having some stomach pain. I guess the new milk is taking some time to adjust to. But we made it through and now Meg and Ruby are passed out together. Once she has a full tummy she can sleep though just about anything. This morning I made us some breakfast and I took some time to listen to "This American Life" podcast over my eggs. It was nice to take a few minutes to myself and reconnect with the life around me. This is something I need to keep doing so as not to totally lose my pace in completing my thesis. One more day of adjustment and I think I'll set up the laptop and try to focus on potatoes for a while. But this is hard as Ruby is so awesome and consumes me. Thank you for the visits in the hospital and the food and gifts everyone brought. We ate everything and it really came in handy and made us feel good. We love you all! Don't forget to check the flickr site and as soon as Google Video starting allowing me to embed video in the blog I'll put up another short clip, or if you can't wait go here and watch it: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-7275974803186919546&hl=en
John

No comments: