Thursday, June 14, 2007

2 weeks old already

It's hard to believe that Ruby has been in our lives 2 weeks already. It's even harder to remember what our lives were like without her in them.
We went to the pediatrician today for her first check-up. She weighed 7 lb. 9 oz. when she was born and now weighs, drumroll please, a whopping 8 lb. 3 oz! This may not seem huge to you, but she lost quite a bit of weight in the hospital for some odd reason, when she was discharged from the hospital at 2 days old she weighed 6 lb. 11 oz. So, obviously she has no problem eating and gaining weight. The doctor told me to slow down her eating. I didn't know I could control how fast or slow she eats, but he told me to stop her every 10 minutes or so and help her rest and then she can decide if she's still hungry or not. I guess this is instead of her eating until she passes out...good advice for us all!

No comments: