Tuesday, July 08, 2008

more treats



Here are the treats I made for John on Father's Day. Here's the recipe and where I stole the photo. They were really yummy. We shared them with friends and froze half of them. They were really good warm with ice cream. I think next time I make them I would melt the caramel & drizzle it on top, its a bit chewy for me and I have some paranoia about losing my teeth in a bite of it.

This weekend we met B & E in Portland and visited Saint Cupcake. Oh, so yummy.

Eddie cuddling with Ruby as she tries to sneak cupcake. But she was content with her oatios & blueberries. phew.

John took both of these pictures. We're in front of a wall that tells the story of Saint Cupcake. Maybe I can grow up to be like Saint Cupcake someday. hmmm...

3 comments:

Nicole Comer said...

Inquiring minds want to know what the story behind Saint Cupcake is...condensed version of course.

I would also like your pesto recipe.

Anonymous said...

so a short version would be that there was a bakers daughter, and she loved to bake treats for the townspeople. One day a little girl eat one of her cupcakes and said her first word "sweet". Ever since then, she knew she would have to share her cupcakes with as many people as possible and so started saint cupcake.

Megan said...

I don't really measure out so well for the pesto, I just taste it a bunch, but this is the basic idea:
about 2 Cups fresh basil
2 or 3 garlic cloves smashed
1/2 C or so Parmesan cheese
2 T or so of nuts - usually walnuts
a bit of salt - depends on how salty the cheese is.
I put all this in the food processor then while its running add in olive oil - maybe about 1/2 C or so - depending on what I will use the pesto on.