Wednesday, January 23, 2008

rocking ruby



Ruby got to sit in her rocking chair for the first time today. It was made for my mom by her great-grandfather. My mom has a matching one that is adult-sized.

Ruby woke up this morning at 5:30 screaming. I think she was trying to move around in her sleep, because her head was all the way up in the corner of her bed. I got her up and we sat together on the couch nursing. She still wasn't ready to go back to sleep, so I opened up the curtains of our front window and we looked at the full moon. We did this for awhile. I whispered to her, she stood on the couch staring at the moon and me at her moonlit face. We read Time for Bed a couple times and back to sleep she went. It was a really peaceful moment together. As much as I love my sleep, I am grateful for these quiet times that happen at night occasionally, especially as Ruby gets squirmier. I know I will hold on to these memories for a long time.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Megan,

I am sorry to disappoint you, but the rocker was made for ME by my great grandfather.

Megan said...

That's even better! Thanks for getting the story straight. I've changed the blog.

Jamie said...

What a neat story! And a beautiful chair!