Saturday, April 28, 2007

kid stuff


We're writing "how-to" books in my class. One of my students wrote a book titled, "How to Have a Baby". To all you teachers out there, yes, I know some of her letters are backwards, we're working on it. To all of you non-teachers out there who may not be able to read kid-writing, here's the translation:
1. Go to the doctor.
2. Have your husband with you.
3. Hold his hand tight. (yes, it says tight - the 'gh' is silent!)
4. Hold your baby.
My mom had a baby too.

Another one of my students came to me and said, "My mom says your baby is gonna come early cause its sagging down low." Apparantly the baby has dropped somewhat. The doctor said that it has begun to drop, but it hasn't DROPPED. So, we have less than 20 days until the due date. Hopefully this kid doesn't wait too much longer than that - I am exhausted and HUGE. My feet & hands have swelled up a bunch in the last couple days, probably because it got up into the 70s. I don't know what I'd do if I were in FL now. I guess I'd sit in the pool.

John & I are off on a fancy date. We thought we'd take advantage of the opportunity while we have it. We're going to get some yummy Italian food overlooking the river.

No comments: