Saturday, April 21, 2007

Four weeks to go!


Amazing, we have only four weeks (or so) to go. Megan is hoping that the baby is ready to be born early. I, however excited I may be, wouldn't mind if it was on time. There's this little thing called school I'm trying to finish up. But, no matter, whenever the baby comes then that is the right time. Today we went downtown to the farmer's market. Its so exciting to have all of the farmers there and their wonderful food. Megan was having a contraction that wouldn't go away so she sat down for a little while. She asked me if I was happy about this contraction she was having because I was smiling, while she was in some pain. A little guiltily I said that I was, its hard to contain this anxious excited feeling of knowing our baby is so close to joining our little famiily. Its pretty intense to be adding a new member to our lives. For the last few years its just been us together and now our whole lives will be shared with someone we don't even know yet. And everything we do, every decision we make from now on affects our child in ways we may not even be aware of. But knowing how much I love Megan makes it all seem less stressful and very exciting. I used to be wary of what the future was going to be. Now I have so much to look forward to.

No comments: