Saturday, May 12, 2007

last day of work

Yesterday was my last day teaching for a long time. It was very strange, I am excited, but also very sad. It's hard to imagine my life without a class full of kids in it. My class had a meeting at the end of the day and some of the kids were sobbing. They couldn't understand why I'm not coming back this year or even next year. I'm not planning on taking the baby to school to visit - it will be less than a month old before school is out and those kids at school are germy. One of my kids gave me a mother's day present and BEGGED me to come visit her at her house. It was pretty cute.

So now we just wait. John had his second baby dream last night. In the first, the baby was a boy and last night the baby was a girl. I feel like things are progressing and that I could go into labor at any moment. John said this morning that every night he wonders if I'll wake him up and tell him that my water broke. We're stuck in a constant state of anticipation.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Megan and John,

I love that you are blogging about these days before the baby is born. This will be such a treasure in the years to come. I can't wait for the day I click to read your blog and there is a smiling pink baby face looking back at me!

Peace,
Jennifer Dillon