Tuesday, May 15, 2007

2 more days??

We just got back from the dr. We supposedly only have 2 more days till the due date, but after today, I'm thinking the baby will wait a bit longer. I'm only 1 cm dilated (have to get to 10) and 25% effaced (have to get to 100%) , the baby is at -3 station (have to get to +5). So, even though things have begun to happen, we've got quite a ways to go. The baby has begun to drop, but still hasn't got to the halfway mark. My dr. said that I'm still getting around too well to have the baby soon.
So, in the meantime, I'm off of work, sleeping whenever I want to and reading. It's pretty nice. The weather is gorgeous right now, so I've been taking little waddles down to the park at the end of the street. Yesterday we went on a BIG walk. The walk used to take me 25 minutes before I was pregnant, but I haven't attempted it in quite a while. It's amazing what a little rest will do! I'm enjoying this time.
The teacher friend that had her baby on Mother's Day went into labor on Saturday. She had been to the dr. on Thursday and was only 1.5 cm dilated and the baby hadn't really dropped yet. So, who knows, maybe I'll go into labor in 2 days. One can hope.

No comments: